The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) is a global information security standard meant to minimise fraud by increasing credit card data control. PCI DSS is a set of security standards formed in 2004 by Visa, MasterCard, Discover Financial Services, JCB International and American Express. Governed by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), the compliance scheme aims to secure credit and debit card transactions against data theft and fraud.
It has Four level. Level 1 Applies to merchants processing more than six million real-world credit or debit card transactions annually. Level 2 Applies to merchants processing between one and six million real-world credit or debit card transactions annually. Level 3 Applies to merchants processing between 20,000 and one million e-commerce transactions annually. Level 4 Applies to merchants processing fewer than 20,000 e-commerce transactions annually, or those that process up to one million real-world transactions.
As a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) company registered with PCI DSS Standards Security Council (SSC) and empanelled by CERT-In, we facilitate end to end PCI audits, certification and training for organisations to become PCI DSS compliant.
- PCI DSS Gap Assessment
In-depth assessment and analysis of client’s card holder data environment to identify gaps vis-à-vis the 12 security requirements mandated by PCI DSS standards security council. This serve as a baseline to be able to get ready for the compliance audit and achieve certification.
- Documentation & Implementation Support
Review of mandatory policy and procedures to determine proper PCI coverage, accompanying consulting is provided.
- ASV Scanning
Quarterly external vulnerability scans for your business
- Penetration Testing
Internal & External Penetration Testing of Network & Application infrastructure, Configuration Review.
- Training and Workshops
PCI Awareness workshops / training for your staff, Certified PCI DSS Lead Implementer Training
On-site audits carried out by a qualified security assessor (QSA) , ROC , AOC & guidance on SAQ
YOUR BUSINESS BENEFITS
- Security improvement – by decreasing the risk of security breaches. PCI compliant organisations are more likely to successfully resist a card holder data breach significantly than the ones who do not comply with the standard.
- Improve customer relationship – by implementing PCI DSS controls and increasing the confidence of your customers as they see you as an organisation that has strong commitment towards data protection. This enhances your reputation and also boosts your brand image which is a key differentiator in today’s competitive market
- Increase profit – by gaining the trust of your customers and improving customer loyalty
- Avoid costly fines – by reducing the risk of data breach and the likelihood of receiving a fine. In addition to this, organisations can also avoid huge investment costs and loss of customer confidence
- Increase adaptability – through PCI DSS certification, which prepares your business to comply with future regulations. You will also be able to identify ways to improve the IT infrastructure of your business, thus increasing productivity
ON-DEMAND FIRESIDE CHAT: KEY HIGHLIGHTS ON PCI DSS V4.0 SIMPLIFIED
The PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) issued version 4.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) on March 31, 2022. PCI DSS v4.0 replaces PCI DSS version 3.2.1 to address emerging threats and technologies better and provide innovative ways to combat new threats.
Hear the experts discuss on Introduction to PCI DSS, the Anticipated timelines and latest updates, Road to PCI DSS v4.0 compliance, How can a QSA help, followed by a fireside Q&A session.
WHAT IS PCI DSS COMPLIANCE ?
The global Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards define specific requirements for the different areas in processing card payments. These are set and agreed upon by stakeholders such as banks, merchants and payment services providers. PCI compliance is required for all merchants and service providers that store, transmit or process payment card information.
ABOUT PCI DSS VERSION 4.0
After much deliberation and a little pandemic delay, the PCI Security Standards Council finally released the latest installment of its Data Security Standard – the PCI DSS v4.0 on 31st March 2022. Important highlights for customers:
- Transition period for customers would remain until 31st March 2024, during which you may continue to get certified with version 3.2.1.
- Version 3.2.1 expires on 31st March 2024, post which all customers can only be certified on version 4.0
- However, it is important that customers conduct readiness reviews and prepare for the new requirements to avoid certification delays during version 4.0 audits
- TÜV SÜD can provide all the necessary compliance consulting services to ease the customers journey into the new version 4.0 requirements and certification
WHY IS PCI DSS COMPLIANCE IMPORTANT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Fraud and identity theft are on the rise, affecting both large and small companies. The reality of a data breach is not only detrimental to your business; it affects your customers as well. Getting compliant with the PCI DSS will not only help reducing the cost by helping to prevent data breaches, but also will result in the prevention of fines.
What to do
We provide Gap Assessment, Consulting and training for enterprises to become PCI DSS compliant as a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and empanelled by CERT-In.
Leave us message