Mobile Application Security Testing (Android and IOS)
It refers to the process of testing and identifying security vulnerabilities in mobile applications before they can be exploited by attackers. This process includes identifying exploitable vulnerabilities in code, system, application, databases, and APIs to secure the application from all the latest threats.
Our Approach to Mobile Application Security Testing
Our mobile application security testing service aims to thoroughly validate your applications against various types of attacks on the core application, back-end APIs, business logic, and more. To achieve this, we utilize a combination of advanced automation powered by AI and machine learning, along with in-depth testing performed by our expert teams who specialize in business logic testing. Our approach emphasizes both intelligent technology and human expertise, ensuring comprehensive security testing for your applications.
What we do:
There are many different types of MAST services that RNR provides. Some of the most common include:
- Static analysis is a technique for examining mobile applications without running them. This can be performed by looking at the application’s source code, bytecode, or binaries. A variety of security flaws, such as buffer overflows, SQL injection, and cross-site scripting, can be found via static analysis.
- Dynamic analysis is a technique for analysing mobile applications whilst they are running. This can be accomplished by injecting the program into a real device or by using a sandbox environment. Instances of memory corruption vulnerabilities and UI vulnerabilities, which cannot be detected by static analysis, can be found via dynamic analysis.
- Penetration testing: Penetration testing is a method of simulating an attack on a mobile application. This can be done by manually exploiting vulnerabilities or by using automated tools. Penetration testing can be used to identify and exploit vulnerabilities that may not be found by other methods.
- User interface testing: User interface testing is a method of testing the user interface of a mobile application for security vulnerabilities. This can be done by manually testing the application or by using automated tools. User interface testing can be used to identify vulnerabilities that may be exploited by users.
RNR has experience offering MAST services to businesses of all sizes and levels of complexity.
Our proprietary AI + ML intelligent testing engine, processes each application in a sandbox environment. It includes:
- Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
- Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST)
- Automated Reverse Engineering to Identify Key Processes, Components & Map Functionality
- Validation of Local Permissions, File System Access & Android API Calls.
Expert Driven Manual Testing
Our elite team of experts manually review the application, its internals and its API calls to carry out a comprehensive security assessment. This includes:
- Creating a step-by-step mindmap of the application functionality, data flow, back-end API calls and business logic.
- Creating test-cases of abuse scenarios to identify business logic vulnerabilities in the application flow.
- Leveraging our AI + ML based platform to identify potential gaps, vulnerabilities & abuse scenarios based on data from thousands of client engagements
Our team works to combine the findings from the Intelligent Automation & Expert Driven Manual Testing phases to create a comprehensive report of all security issues within the mobile application ecosystem.
What is Application Security?
Effective Security Testing Safeguards your Applications from Cyber Threats & Vulnerabilities
RNR Application Security Testing helps you detect application vulnerabilities, provide full coverage for Web and Mobile application infrastructure and online services, and reduce risks to meet regulatory compliance requirements. Our Application Security Methodology extends beyond scanning software detection to identify and prioritize the most vulnerable aspects of your online application, as well as come up with practical Solutions.
Leave us message