HIPAA compliance services help organizations comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). HIPAA is a federal law that sets national standards for the protection of patient health information.
Simple HIPAA Compliance Systems Implementation
We help businesses that collect healthcare data stop worrying about HIPAA compliance by implementing simple, proven systems for collecting, storing, and transferring sensitive data.
HIPAA compliance is complicated. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is designed to protect the electronic protected health information (ePHI) of customers and ensure that the information is stored, accessed, transferred, and processed in ways that do not allow it fall into the wrong hands. For companies operating in the healthcare industry, HIPAA compliance is absolutely vital because of the sensitive nature of health information and the steep punishments for being found non-compliant.
Find simple solutions to the complex HIPAA compliance problem
What we do
Our HIPAA compliance services can help organizations improve their compliance posture. By the following:
- Conducting a HIPAA risk assessment: we conduct a risk assessment to identify and assess the risks to an organization’s protected health information (PHI). This includes identifying the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts of a data breach.
- Developing and implementing a HIPAA compliance program: we help organization develop and implement a HIPAA compliance program that aligns with the requirements of the law. This can include providing training, tools, and templates.
- Monitoring and reviewing the HIPAA compliance program: we help organization monitor and review its HIPAA compliance program to ensure that it is effective.
- Providing training to employees: we provide training to employees on HIPAA compliance best practices. This can help employees understand the risks to PHI and how to protect it.
- Conducting HIPAA audits: we conduct HIPAA audits to assess organization’s compliance with the law. This can help the organization identify areas where it can improve its compliance.
- Remediating any gaps: we help organization remediate any gaps in its HIPAA compliance. This can include providing recommendations and assistance with implementing changes.
By using our services, organizations can improve their HIPAA compliance posture and reduce their risk of being fined.
If you are a healthcare organization, it is important to understand your HIPAA obligations and to take steps to comply with the law. By using HIPAA compliance services, you can help ensure that your organization is protecting the privacy and security of PHI. Contact us now and get your business secured.
The penalties for noncompliance with HIPAA regulations are stiff. A single violation can range from $100 to $50,000 based on the level of negligence. Additionally, a maximum penalty of $1.5 million per year can be assessed for violations of an identical provision. This means that businesses that continually store or transfer ePHI in a noncompliant way are leaving themselves open to millions in damages. Penalties that high could shut your doors permanently.
Evaluate third-party business associates
Foresite offers complete managed security HIPAA HITECH audits to ensure that your business partners are up to date and do not expose your organization to undue risk. When a business associate has never required HIPAA compliance previously, we work with them to implement policies and standards that not only ensure that they are currently compliant, but will also ensure they remain so in the future.
Nearly 25% of all cyber breaches occur through data stored by third parties. In 2013, third-party partnered business breaches affected 48% of the 26.8 million people whose data was breached. For companies that must be HIPAA compliant, this is a huge problem. These breaches may not only affect your compliance, but can also erode customer confidence in your organization. It is incredibly important that you conduct a full audit of any business associate that will be storing your customer data to ensure that they are HIPAA compliant and have the best practices in place for storing customer data.
Leave us message